212-388-0800Manhattan & The HamptonsBy Appointment
1. The study of the structure, functions, and diseases of muscles is referred to as:
2. The benefits of cosmetic acupuncture are:
3. The _____________ nerve is the largest of the cranial nerves. The ______________ nerve is the chief motor nerve of the face.
4. The primary function of the ___________________________ is to carry nourishment and immune enhancing lymphocytes from the blood to the cells, remove waste from the cells, and move debris back to the veins in the blood system.
5. The point where a motor nerve enters a muscle is called a ______________.
6. Known as the brow lifter, the ___________________ muscle lifts the eyebrows, and draws the scalp forward.
7. The muscle that contributes to skin wrinkling of the forehead, around and vertical creases between the eyebrows is called the ______________________.
8. Contracting the ____________________________ muscles lifts and pulls back the upper lip, curls the nose, causes wrinkling around the eyes, and creases the cheeks.
9. The contraction of the ________________________ muscle pulls the corner of the mouth upward and outward and causes creasing in the cheeks.
10. The ___________________ muscle lowers the corners of the mouth and causes dimpling and wrinkling of the chin.
11. The _________________ muscle tenses the neck, pulls the corners of the mouth backward, closes the mandible, moves the lips, and tightens the lower jaw and lip.
12. Vertical folds between the eyebrows due to the action of the corrugator are referred to as __________________.